Wednesday 24 September 2008

Nueva Oficina

I have a funny story - well we (Silvia y yo) think it is funny and I think you will too. I really hope its not one of those occasions where "you had to be there"...........
Whenever we have a break - Silvia y yo that is - we nip down to the fab cafe which is only five minutes walk away (and has very handsome waiters I might add) for a quick cafe con leche. Well, we always sit at the same table ... a little apart from most other tables so we can take up more room without disturbing others. Silvia usually sits on a bench seat so we can put down the monton of papers and books that we seem to carry around with us, and spread out using two tables, so we can mark childrens work and have professional discussion, as well as partake in the very fine cafe that the establishment offers - our very own little "office space away from the office" you might say!
Anyway, ayer (yesterday) someone was sitting in our seat - can you believe the cheek of it. We stood for ages (15 seconds) just looking in disbelief...we chose another very little table to sit at and before we even got sat down our 'usual' waiter came over and pushed the table next to us to join our table so we could have another office space - it was really very funny and then, as I was putting the papers together I asked if they had scissors that I could use - well, Silvia nearly fell on the floor laughing because that probably seemed quite cheeky. Well, I got my scissors and next time I might try for a stapler too :)
Once we got settled, the handsome waiter, instead of asking what we would like, (they have stopped bringing la carta (menu)), asked "would we like cafe con leche mas leche y medialunas dulces - we are that regular and predictable...its great!
Well, that was part of our day at the office...made us smile, and provided a chuckle during the remainder of the day as well. I will take my camera next time and take a photo to post down the side.
My job now is translate all that into castellano.

No comments: