Saturday 10 January 2009

Breakthrough

The most amazing thing just happened.....
One of the most difficult things to do when listening to a new language is to understand people on the telephone, and up until now it has been a bit "hit and miss" and most of the time I cant do it because of the speed that native speakers talk.
Well, the phone just went, and it asked me to wait while they transferred my call...I thought to myself shall I just hang up and save myself and the poor person on the other end the stress of trying to understand, because ususally these calls are about something I have no clue about and doesnt concern me anyway because I rent the apartment....but I thought, no, I´ll give it a go - and brilliant, brilliant, brilliant...I understood everything, well not exactly every word but I knew what they were trying to sell...they were trying to get me to change cable television and internet companies and were offering a special deal. Very encouraging.

No comments: