Saturday 10 May 2008

Compare and Contrast

Buenos Aires is certainly a cuidad of contrast. Today we drove to San Isidro which is in the northern part of the cuidad. Very flash – apparently that is where the Government officials and company directors all live. I have been assured by a very reliable source, that although it is a very posh area it is also very dangerous because of that – you know, the criminal element hang out there because the goodies are that much more desirable. I think he was trying to pull my leg because it seemed very tranquil to me and I certainly didnt see any shady types loitering behind the trees or in hedges.
Well I started to pack my bag for the big move in the Capital Federal. Even though I started off with one bag and had the very honourable intention of keeping to that, I appear to have accumulated some extra “stuff” – I’ve found that I’m very predictable…you only get one guess as to what those acquisitions might be – a wrap, a scarf or three, earrings – a chica’s got to have what a chica’s got to have…right???
We had a chicas night last night – no boys allowed. An evening of great merriment was had – funny isn’t it? Girls are the same the world over – we laughed a lot and talked about everything there was to talk about. A very late night – didn’t get home till 2am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's my girl - having a wonderful time and laughing lots. Mmm hope the hair thing has sorted itself for you. Love Mum X