Sunday 18 May 2008

Homeless People


I was quite disturbed today as I was strolling around in the sunshine enjoying the outdoors - I walked through a park where there were at least five different homeless people. Look closely at the first photo - there is a homeless person circled at the back of the photo and not 10 metres away a family (also circled) is sitting having a picnic. There is another person asleep under the cardboard and the last picture shows the man and his dog - everything he owns is in the black plastic bag he is using as a pillow. There were many people enjoying this small park just ignoring the homeless people around. I'm not blaming them - what are they supposed to do? It just struck me as very ironic and I felt a bit cheeky taking these photos but I wanted to highlight the disparity between the people here - the gap just continues to widen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great topic to discuss. You know that these people are not the only ones that you see in this country, there are plenty of poor people! I'm not taking them as different people I'm just saying that it's better not to trust in those persons because most of the times what they want is YOUR money and stuff. On the other side, sometimes they're pacifist and they just don't have another place to sleep.
What I'm really trying to say is that is better safe than sorry and is better to keep your distance from those people.