Friday 25 April 2008

Blabber Mouth


Who would have thought I could talk for so long...this morning I gave a talk at the Universidad de Moron - dont laugh at the Moron name you English speakers...the accent goes on the last syllable...so Mo-RON.
I was asked to go in and talk about NZ. I enjoyed the experience and managed to speak for over an hour...who would ever have thought I could manage that. It was a Tourism and English class combined, so the students seemed to enjoy it as well.
At the end they presented me with a gift (regalo) - a university pen (very nice), a book of short stories in Spanish and a brochure from the university detailing courses that offer for people learning Spanish "espanol para extranjeras" :)
The photo is of some of the estudiantes with me - my moment of fame!

No comments: