Wednesday 16 April 2008

A Global Community


I have had my first two days of Spanish class this week and the global nature of the community(ies) in which we live has certainly been made clear. There are six students in the class, one from France, Kenya, Korea, Turkey and another girl from Christchurch in good old Aotearoa...and our teacher is Brazillian - how is that for international diversity. (That is my class above)

After having a language proficiency test (oral) they decided I should be in level one ... I could have told them that for free - I certainly didnt need a test to discover my shortcomings in speaking Spanish - anyway level one Spanish in a Spanish speaking country is hugely different to level one Spanish in an English speaking country. It is way more difficult. The good news is, I can only get better - right????


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lorraine, I have never blogged before. This blogging thing is awesome and so nice to know what your doing. Between you and my Italian speaking classes, I am getting "gypsy feet". I am so jealous!!!
Jennifer