Wednesday 16 April 2008

Rocks and Hard Places

I feel stuck between a rock and hard place - the olympic flame is in Buenos Aires today and I really want to go and see it. Buenos Aires is the only city in America that is receiving the flame (if I am understanding the news properly - questionable seeing as how I am only on level one Spanish). However my principles tell me not to go because I disagree with the Olympic Games being in China . There is a huge protest from the Chinese community and from the Tibetan community going on and I support their cause. Why should a country that doesn't have equal rights for their citizens have the right to host the Games - surely there is a responsibility that goes with the privelege and honour of hosting such an important world event. What do you think? Anyway I'm not going, but I will watch it on TV.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whahee I think I did it. Looks really interesting and will comment again soon. Love Mum

Mocha Fiesta said...

Muy bien mi madre - looking foreward to reading your next comment now that you know how to o it. Love xoxo

Anonymous said...

yeah i can see your point
you are allowed to go and see the flame because it isn't often that it comes to NZ! though you are allowed to protest. I do ask well. POWER TO THE TIBETANS!!

Zoe