Sunday 20 April 2008

Busking Babes



This is Raymi - one of the best buskers I have ever heard. I was mesmerised by his music. I bought two of his CDs...one is traditional native music the other has some traditional music and some popular tunes like Tears in Heaven etc. My favourite tune is El Condor Pasa which I now have in about cuatro variations on my iPod. All the musicians here play it with their own variation and every time I hear it I say to myself "this is the best one I've heard yet", but of course I've said that at least four times now and that is not including the Simon and Garfunkel version. I'm having trouble uploading the video clip - sorry!
We also watched an entertaining Tango demonstration - see what I mean about Argentinian men not being afraid to dance...they will even dance together. It turns out that Tango may have originally been danced by men and women entered the scene later on.
I came across another busker on the street the other day who was also playing traditional music on his pan flute - very beautiful and quite complex - but the amazing thing was he was accompanying himself on his guitar. That must be really difficult to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful newsy letter you write on your blog. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. Yvonne and I are cold at the moment - but then it is autumn. Great hearing what you are up to. Love mum.